View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 00:01   #1
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch
Question Storage heaters - cost to run?

I moved into my new apartment in February so only really caught the tail end of winter. Its now getting a bit chilly and i'm wondering how expensive my heating actually is to run?

Its a brand new build, i have a seperate megaflow water tank which i found out to my detrement is very expensive to run leaving it on all the time, when i received my first electric bill - so don't want the same to happen with my heating.

My heaters are really modern slimline looking, and each one has its own digital timer control. I have no control over the energy input (i've read some people control their own input levels) but i assume its on some kind of cheap tarrif and is stored in a central point within my block. Incidentally i can't change my electricity supplier as the management company who run the building have a deal with the supplier which means we all buy together for cheaper. Every year they find us the cheapest supplier (supposedly).

Has anyone got any idea how to use them in the cheapest/energy efficient way? The plan is to have it on in bedroom and living room 1st thing in the morning for an hour, then just the living room of an evening depending on how cold it is. Btw, each one has its own thermostatic control, so ive been trying to keep it to just under 20.

Sorry for long-winded post, just don't want to end up with a massive bill
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote