Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 23:32   #286
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

Free boxing currently on Spike then Channel 5 at 10pm.

Interesting British fights due to the differing standards of refereeing. You'll see a lot of punch measuring (Poking your hand to someone's face before throwing your opposite shot) Its not against the rules but something that's been unanimously agreed upon to stop it as much as possible at the top level. Different divisions have it all differently though. See a lot of it at Heavyweight but its called out a lot at Welterweight.

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

Not sure who Josh Taylor really is but I've seen O'Hara hyped up in recent weeks and in the gym with David Haye, that's a serious name to be have backing you early in your career.

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Guy just walked to the ring WWE's The Undertaker theme. Not sure if I'm making it up or it actually happened.

Taylor is odds on but O'Hara's starting to reverse that on a handful of bookies. Bit of an awkward one for a punt.

I lied I have seen Taylor before. He was on an undercard in the US and performed well.

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

O'Hara's stance is awkward for the opponent but really it seems to be detrimental to him too. Leaves him wide open and his accuracy is shocking. Those uppercuts are horrible. Guy will gas or go down at this rate. He's constantly off balance asking to be knocked over and has been tagged twice because he's wide open when he lunges in.

Taylor wins this easily if he boxes and doesn't get into a scrap like the 6th. O'Hara's skill is really lacking. He's so late to every punch.

That was absolutely incredible. Horrifying level of boxing skill displayed from O'Hara Davies. Why there was hype surrounding him for the past few weeks has me bemused.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 08-07-2017 at 23:47.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote