View Single Post
Old 24-06-2008, 17:09   #128
TraxData

Services: 25/25 Symetrical.
Re: Application Throttling/Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
I don't trust either VM or Traxdata on any of this, both lost credibility in my eyes long ago, however, if this does get implemented and they target only the heaviest downloaders then they have no excuse for keeping STM, especially on the lowest tiers and should be removed, benefiting the majority of users and only hitting those that detremientally affect the rest of the users (sounds like a VM blurb I know).
Each to their own, people can believe whatever they wnat to believe however a fair few sources have even contacted me and also admitted its being run

Interestingly STM is in talks about being removed on lower tiers when this is implemented.

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It is not a lie. They were specifically referring to the cable network (Which is why it links to the cable traffic management page, not the ADSL traffic page), as you specifically mentioned the addtion of application managment on the cable network

The ADSL traffic management page here http://www.virgin.net/helpme/broadba...s_traffic.html does already mention that they application manage
Alright then, more of a different choice of words shall we say.

My point is, they say ALLOT is only used for other things, when infact its already used on the ADSL part of the network for shaping, it's not a direct lie but it's hardly the truth either as VM were asked about both adsl/cable.