View Single Post
Old 29-04-2012, 17:17   #23
djstevie
Inactive

Services: Sky HD+ Multiroom, Sky BB Unlimited, Sky Talk Unlimited.
djstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Seph's BT Infinity Upgrade log

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
That's how it worked for me. Connecting 15m of VM phone cable dropped my line speed from 87.4mb down to 16.4mb.

I'd be very surprised if BT wired your service using a VM phone line. Not least because it won't be connected to any BT infrastructure at the other end. Are you sure it's not just an extension? You didn't have a Virgin National service (supplied through a BT line) before did you?
No was definately fiber optic cable. To try to explain better, at my front door there were several cables coming into the property from previous owners. There was no BT line however. At the corner of the door when Virgin fitted the phone line, the line comes in from outside, joins into a small white box just behind my door, then the cable comes out the other end of the box and runs into the main socket in the living room.

What the BT guy has done is bring the bt cable into the house, joined it to that white box behind the door, disconnected the virgin cable and used the existing cable that the virgin installer used to the point of the main socket. Then he changed the faceplate so about 12 meters of so of cable from the white box to main point is the original cable that virgin used. Does that make sense? Sorry if it doesnt im not the best at explaining
djstevie is offline   Reply With Quote