View Single Post
Old 29-04-2012, 16:54   #21
djstevie
Inactive

Services: Sky HD+ Multiroom, Sky BB Unlimited, Sky Talk Unlimited.
djstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of lightdjstevie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Seph's BT Infinity Upgrade log

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
I'd be curious to see what you get off the modem, if you do choose to unlock it. BT have just knocked 30mbps off my speed (down to 60 now from 90 attainable) through a combination of interleaving and increased SNR margin - after I foolishly tried to use my old VM cabling as an extension for my DSL modem.

For the record, 15m of VM phone cable degrades your signal by the same amount as 1500m of BT phone cable
Sorry to hijack this thread but is that true about the VM phone cable? Reason i ask is when i changed the Sky a few weeks ago the BT guy that came out to install the line used the existing Virgin phone cable and box (he changed the faceplate to the BT openreach one but was the Virgin line before). just wondering if that would affect my connection?
djstevie is offline   Reply With Quote