View Single Post
Old 13-06-2014, 09:20   #196
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

My mobile phone. It got very wet yesterday and just turned itself off. I found a video on youtube of somebody disembling the phone to its component parts, to replace the touch screen so I could see how to get it apart. Especially having undone the six inviting screws and the thing staying firmly assembled.

I stripped it down and fortunately the water hadn't got onto the LCD or circuit board. I dried it out overnight and have just re-assembled it. Seems to be working fine now. I wonder if it has some kind of humidity sensing to get it to turn off in the presence of water.

It's not an expensive one, a Samsung Tocco Lite, but is a handy size and quite capable.