View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 14:05   #814
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Surely you think that some live channels will continue to exist? Sports channels and other live events need to be linear.
I think it's fair to say that on-demand channels will probably reduce the number of linear channels over time and that everyone agrees with this.
I've said this on here before , look at ITV for instance who have ITV , ITV 2 , ITV 3 , ITV 4 , ITV Be , ITV Encore plus the many +1 channels.

Over the next 10 years I'd expect that number to decrease to perhaps 3 or 4 with increased use of ITV Hub.

Linear tv is going nowhere however I share the same opinion as you that we may see the number of channels reduce over the coming years.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote