View Single Post
Old 27-05-2008, 14:22   #209
paul_hadley
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, Virgin ADSL2+ and Virgin phone
paul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the rough
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

In the Now & Next listings on that PPV Events 3 channel on the weekend I noticed "Hatton vs [whoever he was fighting]" as an entry so I assume that's what it was being used for - for the channel 0 pay-per-view. Maybe it's a new thing they're trying out as there have been many people in the past who have had problems accessing pay-per-view events from channel 0.

Did anyone actually order the fight over the weekend? If so, did you have to tune to channel 0 to watch it or was there a message on channel 0 telling you to flick to that PPV Events 3 channel?

Also noticed over the weekend that channel 0's holding slide now actually advertises upcoming events on the slide, instead of just keeping the same old caption up all year round. Not sure if it still is advertising upcoming events but it certainly was over the weekend (just a static slide though).

I don't know why they have to have live PPV events on a linear channel - surely they can just deliver the event via On Demand like they do with everything else? Even back in the days of when you had to pick the time you wanted to watch a film - something like that could be used again for PPV events surely?
paul_hadley is offline   Reply With Quote