View Single Post
Old 20-07-2017, 13:00   #4462
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Suffering. So many people I love or care about are suffering with different things right now, and I feel so damn helpless seeing them suffer, as there is either nothing I can do or they don't want help in any form.
Mark it certainly feels like that sometimes sadly and the only advice I can offer is for you offer a shoulder to cry on when and if needed, an ear for them to listen and if they talk let them even if what they are saying may not make sense it does to them for varies reasons as they will more than likely be worried and extremely scared.

I have experienced family who did not any help or to talk about things only for them to eventually want my support 24/7 which was ok with myself as I just let them go at their own pace.

Mark you know of my situation and I have brutally honest it is not easy. I have said that I used to say my Good byes in the best cheery voice that I could manage then pull my car up just round the corner out of sight and cry like a baby as I knew if I showed any form of upset then everything would go back to the I'm fine attitude we have also discussed this and it is my view this is a generation thing stiff upper lip and all that.

Mark honestly the family member's who do not help will do eventually maybe they are just coming to terms with what is going on and just ready yet.

In regards to your Nan you will feel helpless (because your also angry,scared and hurt) but I know your doing everything possible for your Nan and that is what makes you the fine young man and caring Grandson you are Mark.

You know where I am Mark should things get too heavy or you just need to rant, I may not be on much but I do check my emails daily so I will get back to you as soon as I see your PM.

Mark if your family mention medical worries that you can not answer jot them down on a piece of paper and you can either ask at the next hospital appointment or you can make a appointment with your GP, I did this Mark and I made the decision to tell my findings depending on the answer example when I found out that my Mum was getting tested for Motor Neuron Disease I decided not to say anything and I'm so glad I did as my Mum never had that but what my Mum did have was a tumor at the base of her skull again I discussed this with the hospital and it was agreed not to let my Mother know of this and she never asked for the results of the scan and neither did my Father, Mark this was one of the hardest thing's I have had to do.

Take care Mark and remember I think you should be proud of yourself.

Last edited by weenie; 20-07-2017 at 13:16.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote