View Single Post
Old 19-04-2017, 23:18   #3
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: New Malden network changes

Yes I had rebooted the Hitron afterwards, but that made no difference. I spoke to Business faults who remotely checked power levels etc my end and confirm all are goo d- as they are very close to 0. He also checked the CMTS and said it was in good shape, but confirmed that my service bad moved CMTS during the upgrade work.

However he was able to tell me that the network equipment that the GRE tunnel terminates on that is used to provide the fixed IP address service was also being upgraded overnight last night. Indeed that was another outage for a few hours and today service seems much better and back up to normal performance.

Why the two were related I don't know or whether there was just excessive local network congestion yesterday that is now clear I don't know, but thankfully it seems far better now.

The work on the central equipment is in preparation for the launch of the routed subnet fixed IP option, which I have already, but as a trial customer.

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

One thing I have now noticed is an odd value for one of the upstream frequencies - previously I have always seen them end in a set of zeros..... does this look right?:-

Upstream Overview
Port Frequency (Hz) BandWidth Modulation Power (dBmV) Channel
1 31000000 6400000 ATDMA 39.750 2
2 37600007 6400000 ATDMA 41.250 1
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote