View Single Post
Old 16-04-2012, 17:12   #14
robolots
Inactive

robolots is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Anyone had it?

Had eye laser surgery with Optical Express to correct astigmatism and crappy vision. Proceedure was ok, drops in, cut flap, burning laser smell, click noise of laser etc etc, but obviously can't feel a thing due to drops. Eyes were a bit light sensitive after, but I prob made it worse as I went shopping straight after instead of going home (had it done at Bluewater) lol.
I went for a consultation with Optimax in London, but decided not to go with them as I felt they were a bit pushy on the hard sell. That said, they gave exactly the same the same advice/diagnosis as Optical Express (I just didn't like the hard sell).
Vision excellent now (been about 6+ years I think) and best thing I ever done as hated contacts drying my eyes and glasses just a pain in the ar*e.
I choose the most expensive treatment there was as it is also the one with the best results (i.e. custom wavefront and laser flap cut rather than mechanical cut).
All the major providers (Optimax, Ultralase & Optical Express) use fully qualified eye surgeons, so there is no worries about using them and the scare stories are in the main bullsh*t (of course things can go wrong with any proceedure and I expect for some people they have).
If you elect to go to Bodgit & Scarper eye clinic because it is half the price, then you can have no complaints if it did go wrong! I will do anyones eyes in my workshop with the mig welder, a mirror and a an old microwave for £500 an eye if anyone interested LOL
robolots is offline   Reply With Quote