View Single Post
Old 26-08-2009, 08:37   #1
Waldo Pepper
Inactive

Waldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation era
Recording TV to USB

As video recorders are on the way out, I need to upgrade.

I have noticed several Freesat/Freeview boxes now have USB ports on them (are these hosts?). A few TVs are also appearing on the market with the same.

I was told in a shop that the USB on the TV was to control it from a PC! I have no idea why that would be of use.

Is it possible to record from a Freesat box (The new Humax is the one I have in mind) and play it on a TV as a (even slightly worse quality) video using a USB stick?

Is there a standard video and file system they are all using or do I have to recode on a PC (which I don't want to do)?

I don't need to record in HD. It's only so I can record the odd programs and watch them upstairs and then delete. Just like I use to do with my VHS.

Thanks.
Waldo Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote