View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 14:11   #45
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Confirmed: linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have been reading a number of items recently about the likelihood that Amazon may start bidding next time around, so I don't know why you are dismissing this out of hand, Den.

As for pricing, I can understand your scepticism, given the cost of securing the rights, but Amazon is a global player with big pockets and can afford to put in a bid that would outflank Sky. I believe that they would gain more viewers with lower prices and probably combine subscriptions and offers with other parts of their business to maximise viewing audiences. They would be able to sell on some of the matches to other platforms/channels to increase their revenue.

Why would you not welcome such an outcome, Den?
A outcome highly unlikely to happen and if it did the customer would be paying more not less.