View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 12:43   #41
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Confirmed: linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Problem with pay to view is how to attract new audiences. If it's a pay per view then you can watch again if say you power goes off midway and pay to view (buying it to keep) can be very expensive. Some prices are much higher than buying the DVD, much, much higher if you can get 2nd hand DVDs.

Maybe you put episode 1 out free then charge for the rest, or release episodes to subscription with option to buy early. Possible on subscription for limited time then need to buy it. Lot's of choices.

And many of the schemes disadvantage poorer elements of society. Or those who don't have fast broadband. The license fee is understandable, "fixed" and pays for both content and delivery. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime as subscription and VM for additional delivery and content. All of these are "fixed" cost, I don't use PPV as it's too expensive and I don't need it.