View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 23:15   #21
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
So let me get this straight, he would be here on invitation by the Queen herself and they would have to respect that or they might as well GTFO of her Majesty's Parliament. Being booed by non-entities anyway such as the likes of undemocratic MPs specifically most in Labour Party and the tiny party, you know the ones, Liberal Democrats, who last week in commons vote to trigger A50, voted against their own constituents, bar 2 of them, he would probably associate them as the UK version of the swamp and probably would not be arsed if he doesn't get to speak in front of them.
I'm sure if the Queen had anything to do with it, he wouldn't be invited. He's annoyed Prince Charles with his outdated denialist views on climate change and been sexist towards the Duchess of Cambridge. And that's before he's set foot in Buckingham Palace!
If you listened to the reception that Bercow's decision got, and Trump was your client, you would be grateful he was not invited to address Parliament. It would be potentially humiliating for Trump and it would not be constructive to US-UK relations. I'm sure far worse people have addressed the UK Parliament but for many reasons, the US president is judged far more critically. I guess that's an element of the special relationship that Theresa May was talking about.