View Single Post
Old 20-10-2016, 09:40   #2127
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

I hope there aren't too many hoping for a never. They're going to be pretty disappointed. It can't be served right now due to the outstanding court case. Even if that court case and the inevitable appeal are successful it will still be served, just on Parliament's terms rather than the government's.

I'm not aware of many people who don't accept it's going to happen. Extend and pretend isn't going to work unless the extension is really, really long which isn't feasible.

The major collision point will come when negotiation is completed, at which point I would hope Parliament at very least will get a vote on whether to accept the terms or remain in, and ideally the entire country.

A referendum or Parliamentary decision, while it doesn't appeal to Theresa May's control freakery, would be far more palatable politically to her. If we get a good deal, awesome, off we go. If we get a bad deal and it's in the national interest to remain where we are, not so good.

Who knows, perhaps the EU will make some changes of its own. Stranger things have happened.