View Single Post
Old 20-03-2024, 15:52   #243
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin TV (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
I thought so, that's why I asked UKCTVC to update the description. The HD events flag within the actual EPG will determine whether or not programmes appear in "HD Recordings". As ozsat pointed out, programmes which are upscaled from SD won't have that flag and there are quite a few of those on BBC 4. Unfortunately, the flag is also missing for native HD content on some occasions, not just on BBC 4. Events flags can be a bit hit and miss e.g. the first showing of a programme may not be marked as "new" and, if a series link is set to only record new episodes, it may be missed.

Nothing to do with the HD flag in the SDT though, which just creates the HD pseudo-genre for the "show channels" filter.
Thanks epsilon.

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
More FAST Channels set to launch on Virgin Media.

A+E Networks and Virgin Media O2 has announced the UK launch of two new free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) channels to its offering.

The new FAST Channels will be called:
Deal Masters
History Hunters

https://rxtvinfo.com/2024/ae-network...able-channels/

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Virgin Media O2 and owners of Islam Channel & Islam Channel Urdu has signed a new broadcasting deal just hours before a old broadcasting deal was set to run out.

I have no information yet on if Islam Channel Bangla is set to launch on Virgin Media UK as part of this deal.
Beginning to look like any new channels we get will be from the FAST stable where we can't record them, have to watch the adverts, can't watch them if the internet is down for any reason and cannot utilise QuickView.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote