View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 14:39   #1098
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
There are at least 4-5 black aircraft flying overhead daily in 3s or pairs that are never on Radar, kinda look like Lear jets.
They are on secondary radar but unlike passenger aircraft their transponders are just not broadcasting their position (usually only height and callsign)

If you want to be able to track them then you need a system that either does MLAT or has MLAT sharing. This gives a positional fix by comparing timings from a number of ground stations to triangulate position. I use Plane Plotter for tracking the military stuff but I do have the ability of also recieving the reports directly so even though they are not broadcasting their position I know that anything low level with a HEX code starting 43C*** is UK military and close by.

FR24 also recently started doing mlats.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote