View Single Post
Old 19-01-2017, 12:56   #29
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin 200 internet, currently getting 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgnl View Post
An update, back home today and no internet. I tried connecting directly to the router (I use modem mode and my own router), nothing. I checked the area status and they said it would be fixed by 18:05.

Nothing again this morning, but VM said it had been fixed. Anyway after much fiddling around and finally resetting my ASUS router all up and running. Speed test shows 100mb/s - finally.

We'll see if next months upgrade finally goes ahead.

Cheers

Patrick
So watch out there, when you swap devices from the hub when it's in modem mode, you MUST completely power off the hub before disconnecting/reconnecting a different device. Sounds like you unplugged your asus to plug something into the hub and possibly didn't reboot - this will never work, the hub sort of "locks on" to whatever's plugged into it and won't try and talk to a different device until it's rebooted. Even if there was a fault, "hot swapping" back and forth can leave you in a sort of broken state until you do a full reboot.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote