View Single Post
Old 14-01-2017, 20:24   #22
pgnl
Inactive

Services: VM BB (Since Jan 2001) Hub 3.0/Modem Mode, WDTV, Roku, FireTV, Apple TV 4
pgnl is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin 200 internet, currently getting 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgnl View Post
I am on 100mb/s and currently get around 25 mb/s. I ran the test on the VM site and it failed a few times advising me to calll them so I rang up. I was told that there was a problem in my area that was due to be fixed in 10 days. I didn't believe him to be honest, I think I was being fobbed off. He tried to placate me by sending me an Ethernet cable! Hilarious..

My area still hasn't gone through the speed upgrades. The message on my account now says Feb 2017. This message has previously shown Oct 15, Nov 15, Dec 15 then Feb to Apr 16 then Feb to Apr 17. I am really not holding my breath. When the speed upgrades were announced we were told that they would be completed in 3 months much faster than previously. But then what is the point if they can't supply the original promised speed?

I have a £10 pm discount on my BB only account, glad I am not paying full price for this. VM has defo gone downhill in the last 18 months, well in my area anyway (North Worcestershire). I feel yet another complaint letter coming on....

Patrick
An update, back home today and no internet. I tried connecting directly to the router (I use modem mode and my own router), nothing. I checked the area status and they said it would be fixed by 18:05.

Nothing again this morning, but VM said it had been fixed. Anyway after much fiddling around and finally resetting my ASUS router all up and running. Speed test shows 100mb/s - finally.

We'll see if next months upgrade finally goes ahead.

Cheers

Patrick
pgnl is offline   Reply With Quote