View Single Post
Old 13-03-2015, 14:03   #5600
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
When you compare the likes of Netflix to the likes of Sky, I find much more choice on Netflix and it is far, far cheaper. I'm currently watching Damages, Lilyhammer, Orange is the New Black and House of Cards on Netflix, with a good range of films and TV series lined up to watch when I can fit them in. All for £5.99 per month. Bargain in my opinion.

Unless it comes to VM in the next couple of months, I will get a Fire TV box and subscribe to Amazon also, which must at least double the choice, and maybe more.

The pay per view stuff on Amazon is not part of the subscription simply because they cost more for the rights, presumably. However, it is an expensive way to watch and it would be better if they had a second tier subscription level that would make these 'free' to watch.

As far as VM are concerned, I think they would be doing their viewers a service by giving them as much choice away from Sky as it is possible to do, because Sky is not good value in my opinion. I think they have similar ideas, which is why I do expect more streaming services to be arriving on the TIVO in the near future.

I am ditching Sky Sports when the price rise is announced.
Yup, Netflix is good value, I don't recall saying it wasn't..

Yeah, I guess Amazon pay more for the rights to those shows, so charge why not charge £6.99/£7.99/£8.99 a month instead? They don't need to charge me £20 to watch a season of Braquo, I will go buy the bluray/dvd and get the extras thanks. They don't need to offer an ad funded cheaper service either, they just need to offer their service at a fair and reasonable price. It drives me mad. They are blatantly ripping off customers and are no better than Sky Sports or Sky Movies in that respect..

I understand they need to charge for the HBO shows, though. Sky and HBO have ruined that avenue of legally watching that content without it costing a fortune. Unless you have Sky obviously.

I would happily pay £7.99 a month for all their content, but instead they get nothing from me. That being said, I agree VM would do well to get the app on TIVO and their customers that option.

You could probably buy a Bluray player for less than fire TV, with amazon prime and hundreds of other apps too. My Samsung bluray player has more apps than I know what to do with.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote