View Single Post
Old 26-05-2012, 15:57   #762
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Eurozone will collapse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Conspiracy? Who knows, but what I know that in a competitive world, I see no obvious reason why a major economic power like Germany wouldn't use the huge influence it has clearly enjoyed in Europe for decades, to suit its own needs and ambitions first and foremost. Perhaps you could explain why you seem to find that notion so outlandish.
Of course they would but there are other large economic powers within the EU, such as France, which should provide more of a balance. Thus it was never designed to favour Germany alone. The UK can be a more powerful counter-weight in the EU itself as well but we never seem quite as engaged. Each country is out for themselves and influence is gained via politicking and deal making.

I object to you saying I find the notion of Germany putting itself first 'outlandish'. I have said that is what they have been doing repeatedly in my last few posts. What I objected too has the comparisons with Nazi Germany which others have made.

I was also pointing out that in the current situation Germany are simply protecting themselves from the fallout occurring all over the Eurozone.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote