View Single Post
Old 26-05-2012, 12:51   #752
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Eurozone will collapse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If all debts are pooled and the Eurozone borrows and gets credit as one then you would need further integration. You can't have Eurobonds without further integration. Germany are holding out because they would lose out, they would be brought down to the level of rest and take on more debt for nothing.

Germany's motivation is economic success for their own country.
Clearly there's considerable disagreement about the Eurobond issue and the need (or not) for more integration, not the least with Hollande.

As for Germany's motivation, well that's what I've been saying isn't it? They are at the heart of Europe because it suits them to be so and they have a very clear idea how to further their ambitions for growth - namely by seeking more integration within the EU with them at the helm and with its overall economic policy suiting their needs far better than it does the likes of the Med countries.

I don't think that's some sort of alternative or covert Nazism either - I think it's as simple as one nation seeking to do what's right for it. The problem is that what's right for Germany isn't necessarily what's right or wanted by the rest of us and therein lies the source of growing conflict now times are getting seriously tough.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I don't think anyone actually has a solution that can be guaranteed to work.
However not panicking might be a start.
True. I just hope the Eurocrats' definition of not panicking isn't yet more dithering and burying of heads in sand.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote