View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 11:31   #1904
MisterQ

Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Sounds like they are now charging people for the upgrade AND cancelling any loyalty discounts at the same time. I strongly suggest people check their forthcoming bills extremely closely if they want to be a part of this shambles. I would have suggested making a note of the person you speak to and made detailed notes/record the conversation but with VM it doesn't seem to matter as they seem happy to tell you anything and then charge differently down the line. I know from personal experience that they can agree an offer with you and then "change their mind" (their words, not mine) and charge whatever they like without letting you know and there is no comeback. Registering a complaint and asking it to be escalated for someone to call you back, just gets ignored, in my experience.

Seems like they are giving the tablets away for free to new customers, maybe they have realized there is no market for a 14" tablet (with VM restricted old version of android) when you can get much bigger tv's with android built in for the apps (for much less cost) - does TubbyTablet even have the means to remotely change volume/channel?

Last edited by MisterQ; 06-12-2016 at 11:37.