View Single Post
Old 24-06-2016, 23:08   #44
RizzyKing

Re: Post-Brexit Thread

It's not even been a day since the vote and remainers are calling for change and this and that while still slinging doom and gloom, are they really that dense to not understand that it was exactly that superior scaremongering attitude that cost them the vote. Nearly everyone I have spoken too including a few that voted remain have all criticised the remain campaign and even after polls showed it wasn't working they stuck with it and increased the scare mongering.

The UK is not unique or irreplaceable to the EU but pretending we're on the same level as Norway is ridiculous. We have long standing trade with many countries and company's within those countries and they weren't trading with us because we were a member of the EU they were trading because we could offer what they needed at the right price that hasn't changed and that's why business all over the EU is telling the politicians they want free trade to continue between the UK and the EU.

What happens next is going to take time and needs calm constructive people to negotiate it not knee jerk reactionaries. Remain need to accept the result and get behind the UK in making sure we get the best deal we can. As for the ludicrous assertion that it was "selfish over 50's" that swung this I am not over 50 nor is my wife and after looking into it I decided to vote leave not for me but for my kids and their future. Being selfish I'd have voted remain as for my personal circumstances remain was the safe bet but looking at the future and the likely economic troubles the EU will face I wasn't prepared to sign my kids up for that.

The UK is a great country with a great people and it not only has a future outside the EU but it has a good future being more involved in the whole world and a more secure future that will be a benefit. It's time for some people to stop talking this country down and continuing a failed campaign and accept the path that's been chosen.