View Single Post
Old 24-06-2016, 23:08   #43
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Should the UK invoke Article 50?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
I don't think you understand how massively positive our balance of payments on services is with the EU.

You know, that same argument that keeps being used to claim the EU will be falling over themselves to have a free trade agreement over goods.

A large part of our services exported to the EU are financial ones. Even without tariffs there are barriers.

Passporting is a very, very big deal. We have extremely privileged access to the Eurozone's financial services markets.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

Yes. Why would you maintain manufacturing in a country that's pretty expensive to manufacture in anyway, along with having the products it produces be more expensive due to import tariffs when you can simply move the production to Eastern Europe, pay less to manufacture and pay no import tariffs?
When put like that it sounds like absolute madness that Sunderland got a landslide Leave vote. From this perspective I don't really understand a great lot but it appears they've potentially voted themselves out of jobs in a game of chance or hope etc. All I see is the word uncertainty being thrown all over. If it comes off and we do better they can celebrate but if it goes tits up then 'ah tough luck'

I honestly don't think people in said areas got enough information on the potential risks. I mean without some googling I would've been left with no information at all. I got that Cameron leaflet and that's about it. That only further adds to the argument that Remain made an arse of things.

Got posts flying around about some kid that voted leave because lulz.. Didn't expect it to happen. Absolute bell end.

I see a lot of 'we're going to negotiate this and that' but no guarantee that any of it will be any better if not worse than we already had.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 24-06-2016 at 23:12.