View Single Post
Old 24-12-2014, 12:36   #19
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Which freeview HD recorder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Well i bought the one i linked to in my first post but am having some problems.

I can't receive any of the COM7 channels? Not sure if that is the aerial not receiving a strong enough signal, maybe the cable run to the living room is too long?
I think i read those channels are right down the frequency?

I also can't get any internet channels, it says device not compatible?
It's connected to the internet fine as i can view on demand, although i didn't have 4OD or ITVPlayer to start off with. I did a software update and they appeared afterwards.

I thought this box was just a BT branded retail box but now i'm wondering whether it isn't and BT have blocked some functionality?

Maybe the box is a duff one? Any thoughts?

TIA
I don't know about the COM 7 channels.

YouView wasn't originally able to get any of the internet channels but you should be able to receive some but not all of them. Those you can get now are Motors (Channel 240), Vintage TV (Channel 242) and RT Doc (Available through the channel, RT, which is on channel 135). Hopefully, the others will follow in time.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote