Thread: Redundant
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2015, 21:56   #36
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Redundant

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Well 9 days after being made redundant I have some work which could quite well lead into a fulltime roll. Self employed at the moment and will be for the next month, then it'll be a week or so break then back full time. (fingers crossed)

The signing on process was a humilitating experience, I have no idea what I would do with the £72 pw. It would cover the mortgage & council tax and thats about it.

There was another round of redundancies at my old place and all thats left from a 60+ workforce are 8 office & 8 shop floor.

Its a shame that its gone, we made high quality furniture and now its being run until it ceases trading which will probably be within the next week.

The amount of experience, expertise and skill that has been binned is unquantifiable, 80% of the workforce were 10 years+ and about 4 of us were over 15 years.

Bad management and poor business decisions led to its downfall. I honestly thought I would end my working days there.
Luckily I have never had to sign on but I can appreciate how soul destroying the whole process can be when you would give anything to not be in that position. So it's good to hear that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel alf. I too will keep my fingers crossed for you.