Thread: Redundant
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2015, 21:40   #34
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Re: Redundant

Well 9 days after being made redundant I have some work which could quite well lead into a fulltime roll. Self employed at the moment and will be for the next month, then it'll be a week or so break then back full time. (fingers crossed)

The signing on process was a humilitating experience, I have no idea what I would do with the £72 pw. It would cover the mortgage & council tax and thats about it.

There was another round of redundancies at my old place and all thats left from a 60+ workforce are 8 office & 8 shop floor.

Its a shame that its gone, we made high quality furniture and now its being run until it ceases trading which will probably be within the next week.

The amount of experience, expertise and skill that has been binned is unquantifiable, 80% of the workforce were 10 years+ and about 4 of us were over 15 years.

Bad management and poor business decisions led to its downfall. I honestly thought I would end my working days there.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote