Thread: Redundant
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 19:32   #31
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Re: Redundant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
To (try to) be fair it may be they don't have much information to give but now is the time to be reflecting on your experience and trying to see the wood for the trees (no pun intended). It's not easy and not something which can be rushed. It's important, however, to be in the right (positive) frame of mind when you gather the information. Essentially your CV has to promote what you have to offer and that's largely a function of what you've done and how well you've done it. Think not only about your various job titles/functions but what skills you've displayed, challenges you've risen to, ideas you've come up with etc. etc. Make sure there's a place for these things in your CV because they're what separate you from the rest.
Thanks for the info I'll bear it in mind when I sort out my CV

Happened this morning, nearly 17 years of service and I've been finished, about 30 people were let go today and most of those who went had over 10 years service.
Written to CSA, signed on online and have my interview tomorrow morning.
Spent a couple of hours looking for a job within my trade and nothing is out there.
Mind you if I want to drive 50 miles each way I could get a job with my skills for minimum wage

Got a list as long as my arm for bits to do around the home, making a start with that tomorrow so I'll be trying to keep myself busy.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote