View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 12:53   #95
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
To be fair the £18 million figure is pure guesswork , none of us know whats going on behind the scenes with negotiations , as I've said I believe its as much about keeping customers as attracting new ones , if you keep customers you have the ability to upsell something VM themselves have been excellent at with TIVO and faster BB speeds.
I have to agree.

Behind the scenes SKY have been conducting feedback sessions on how much value SKY customers put on SKY Atlantic. You may have seen it yourself or even participated on that SKY site we are both members of.

Plenty of feedback suggesting it's SKY Atlantic programming that keeps current customers with SKY. Plenty more feedback suggesting SKY customers would consider moving provider should SKY Atlantic be made available on other platforms.

You know and I know, from other things we've participated in for reasearch purposes on behalf of SKY, that they take feedback from existing customers very seriously. For this reason alone I have doubts SKY Atlantic will ever become available on other platforms.