View Single Post
Old 17-01-2008, 10:16   #15
Visitor
Inactive

Services: Broadband
Visitor is on a distinguished roadVisitor is on a distinguished road
Re: Rentions phone number

When you ring retentions, don’t start off by talking about closing your account You wont get a very good deal.

Start by introducing yourself, how long you have been a customer (The longer the better) Ask the person for his/her name, and use the name when addressing them.

Bob, its like this, I have been a NTL customer for a number of years now, but I'm finding that my broadband speed is not anywhere near what it should be, I have had the engineers out twice now, and they tell me it’s the best I can expect.

Bob, I like NTL but the TV service is very poor, lots of repeats, and to be honest I cant justify keeping it at this price, while other companies are cheaper.

Bob, I don’t make many phone calls, but when I do, they cost me more than other companies.

So Bob, can you help me ?, I don’t want to move away from NTL, and customer services said you will help me. So can you offer me a better deal than I have already got ?

When Bob starts talking, shut up and listen, perhaps make the odd mmmmm sound, or the odd sigh, but don’t except what he says just yet, if he prompts you for an answer, talk about your problems again.

Disclaimer
All characters portrayed in this post are purely fictional. NTL is quoted not Virgin Media which portrays you have been a customer for some time. Any sounds you make while listening to Bob, should be negative sounds, don’t make any sound that makes Bob think your happy.

Finally if Bob is reading this, thanks for the super deal, sorry to hear you lost your job
Visitor is offline   Reply With Quote