View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 16:28   #277
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
As has been said previously it's all very well buiding charging stations etc but the electricity for them has to be generated by one means or another.Solar power is limited to daylight hrs and will be severely limited in the winter months.

Wind power has it's limitations as well. Turbines are turned off if the wind speed gets too high. Neither can be relied upon because of this.

ATM the only alternative is Neuclear. That will cost billions and take decades.
Oh, I know Solar and Wind power are not the whole answer. That said, some of the problems with unreliability can be reduced by the use of batteries.

Personally, I'd like to see us looking at Nuclear again. I know we have existing Nuclear stations, but I think we need to look at either upgrading our existing ones or building new ones.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote