View Single Post
Old 14-02-2010, 17:34   #8
wilsky
Inactive

wilsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Complains Department Worse than Customer Service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4romseyavenue View Post
firstly I do not work for Virgin, secondly I think you have the attitude problem, are you lonlely!
Pot Kettle Black.

Quote:
What sort of thing is that to say, rude yes, threatening possibly, I am not surprised she was off with you.
What sort of thing was what? You mean asking for Paul to call me back?

Or the part where i should tolerate her condescending attitude, especially when she quoted "laws" at me when all I asked was to simply get Paul to call me back. For your information she was off from me the moment she picked the phone up.

Quote:
Instead of spending time venting fury just leave Virgin, I work for a contact centre (not Virgin) and people with your attitude is getting more and more common.
I will be doing don't worry. And this is a forum designed to vent fury in case you haven't noticed. Perhaps people such as myself wouldn't have this attitude if

a) You were polite
b) You actually "LISTENED" to what people say.
c) You showed any kind of empathy or, shock, common sense.

Oh, BTW if you don't like people with our "attitude" then don't go venting your fury on a forum, get another job.

Quote:
When she said he was not available why did you not just call back later, no I expect you wanted to give grief to the adviser.
Because "there is no-one here", or "they are all in meetings" is 8 times out of 10 a pack of lies. It is standard for Call Centre staff to say this.

However she was not "Call Centre" staff, she was in the complaints department. She gets paid to deal with people with my "attitude" and with people with complaints. To actually cause one due to her attitude makes one wonder if she is actually in the right job.

Quote:
I am sure Virgin will not miss you.
Obviously not with their attitude.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I think sometimes a small minority of customers, of any company, forget that it's another human at the end of the 'phone.
I agree. But the same can be said for certain call centre staff

Quote:
Most conveniently forget to mention how rude they were to the call centre operative when saying they have been spoken to rudely. The CSR has nothing to gain from being deliberatly rude.
Which is why I could not understand her? I was more than polite. The issue with her asking questions was that she butted in when I tried to answer them. I really do think she got out off the wrong side of the bed.

Let's not forget that I was speaking to complaints and asking if one of the representatives I had been dealing with previously was available. It wasn't rocket science.

For instance at one paint she was saying she couldn't tell me if Paul was available until I have explained to her what my complaint was about. Or when I tried to explain he had asked me to call back she stated "yes, but how do I know who you say you are".

Either way, she was totally unprofessional and confrontational when he role in the organisation isn't a CSR, she was supposed to be an experienced complaint handler and she didn't have the first grasp of basic manners or knowledge of the law she was throwing in my face.

Rule one of complaint managing surely is not to be defensive and take things personally, ESPECIALLY when the person on the other end of the phone is asking for something extremely simple.

Quote:
I've never had a problem getting refunds or issues sorted out by being nice... most CSR's will go ther extra mile if you are nice... you generally get company "policy" if you are rude.

No, you get company "policy" when the CSR has backed themselves into a corner and refuses to acknowledge they are wrong or back down.
wilsky is offline   Reply With Quote