View Single Post
Old 13-02-2017, 12:57   #183
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
There is a "proverb" that runs on the lines of "My and my brother against my cousins, me and my cousins against my tribe, me and my tribe against the world."

Essentially this means that there is a reluctance built in, before fear of retribution comes in, to the culture that would look on that as siding with non-Muslims against other Muslims. They may not agree with ISIS, they may even fight against ISIS but they won't (appear to) side with "the West" against ISIS.

I can understand that in countries where ISIS is active. But what about Muslims living in the Western democratic countries? Why do they not protest?

ISIS is not just a terrorist group, they are working out their end time Eschatology beliefs. They are waiting for al-Mahdi, the "the rightly-guided one" who, according to Islamic Hadiths (traditions), will come before the end of time to make the entire world Muslim.

I heard an expert on these things say that 40% of peaceful Muslims believe in this. (sorry I can't remember where)

Given this, surely people can't blame the West for taking measures such as extreme vetting and on occasions, temporary bans.