Thread: TiVo TiVo Picture Quality
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2011, 07:41   #46
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold
Re: TiVo Picture Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
If there are tweaks or not depends on your TV really.
If your TV has a decent upscaler then you can set the box to output SD as 567p and let your TV upscale it which could give a better picture than just having Tivo upscale.
If I try to set the Tivo to 720p it crashes the box when it tests the setting!

Would agree the 90% as good as view versus SA V+, TV (Sony KDL40HX803)tweaks done just cannot get it to be as good (it is better now, was 80% before).

The strange thing still is that the difference between SD and HD is not as much, in so far HD is not as crystal clear as before so seems closer to the "smoothed" SD picture! The SA V+ seemed to show a big difference on my TV except BBC1 in particular whose SD picture seemed to be so well upscaled on the V+ that it looked virtually HD to me (not the case now).

Points to the upscaler hardware in the Tivo just not generating as good a quality feed into you TV.

May be down to firmware implementation since Tivo had to port their software over to the new Cisco box, still think VM should take this as a real issue and investigate.

Anybody from VM here able to feed this back as we are not talking of just a few people here so I think this is worthy of investigation?
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote