Thread: General Ethernet Cable
View Single Post
Old 30-08-2017, 11:09   #7
Rexz
cf.addict

Services: VM 152mbit + TV + Phone
Rexz is a glorious beacon of lightRexz is a glorious beacon of lightRexz is a glorious beacon of lightRexz is a glorious beacon of lightRexz is a glorious beacon of lightRexz is a glorious beacon of lightRexz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ethernet Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It is not clear to me why some continue to say this. My superhub is in a completely different room from my upstairs and downstairs V6s and works fine. However, I acknowledge that in some buildings, this might not be satisfactory. However I have walls that are difficult to drill through, but it still works with no issues at all.

If the proposal is to locate your router right next to your V6, I don't see how there can possibly be a problem.
Problems in wireless don't always come down to the range. The more devices you add to a wireless router/access point the more time it takes for each device to get its shared time slot using the frequency. Also wireless devices that reduce speed to improve quality at distance will impact the rest of the wireless network. It has been some time since I looked into the standards of wireless but I am guessing most of this still applies. This is why wired networks are always superior to wireless.
Rexz is offline   Reply With Quote