View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 19:07   #6271
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
He's not probably right he's definitely right. The setup before was excellent in my opinion. Allow FTA broadcasters to bid for the games ITV showed and pay TV broadcasters to bid for the rest. At least that way we'd get either BBC , ITV , C4 or C5 with some games and either BT Sport or Sky Sports with the rest.

Whilst I understand these organisations want to make money they also need to think of promotion of the game , not everybody can afford pay TV.
It will interesting to see how this develops. If BT successfully bid for ITV (recently rumoured to be a target for them in next 2 years) then you could see a very different strategy going forward with them showcasing selected BT Sport content on ITV.

At the time of wining the CL rights BT were also looking at biding for CH5 I think that's probably the original thought for where to show the fta games.
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote