Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 14:33   #249
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

Haye won't retire according to a conversation he's just had with Carl Froch, he'll work on the injury and possibly drop back to being a bigger than most cruiserweight, which to be fair is when he was most dangerous.

He'll chase the rematch and there's a high chance of getting that too, Hearn wants Parker or Wilder for Bellew but I can't see either of them fighting in the UK and Bellew stands to make nothing fighting them in the US compared to what Haye and Bellew would both make in the UK on PPV, especially since Bellew will get the bigger purse second time round. This is one of those occasions where I'm not that fussed about the money involved. Bellew's went an entire career making basically buttons compared to the rest, win or lose he's getting paid now and in his own words can secure his and his family's future, so it's admirable.

As for UK Boxing we're onto Joshua vs Klitschko.

This will give us a real indication of what Joshua's actually packing in those hands. If Haye can get to Klitschko which under scrutiny of that fight you'll see he did, I definitely think Joshua has a fair chance of putting him down, Haye was much smaller, had less reach and less chance of setting up any form of jab, Klitschko leaned on him the entire fight and Haye couldn't tee off. Klitschko couldn't lean on Fury and he'll not be leaning on Joshua either. Go in there and fight like Haye would except being a foot taller and stones heavier, Klitschko want's a boring jab fest, not right hooks swinging at him.

If Joshua gets through this on points I'll be happy, I'll be elated if he puts him out though. The only question that will remain is what is going to happen when that chin gets a decent crack, still cacking myself for a repeat of the golden boy Amir Khan. Someone like Wilder is bound to fluke a power shot on him. The longer you go, the worse it's going to be. If he wins though, he holds the cards in baiting Wilder to the UK. It will be the start of the new base of Heavyweight boxing, here in the UK.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 06-03-2017 at 14:40.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote