Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 11:51   #247
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

I'm not sure he'll get Wilder unless he's the one willing to travel. The comments suggesting the ball's in his court are skewed a bit. I think Wilder would face him and likely blast him (Sloppy but deadly fighter) but he'll want it in the US on his own terms and not in a football stadium on Merseyside. Guy has genuinely nice words about everyone and I don't begrudge him getting paid either, he comes off as a guy that's having to work double to get paid enough.

I think his comments today confirm he pulled back after the injury and rightly so. He asked Haye and his corner to call it a day. Stopping it there and then in the 6th would've been the best thing for everyone.

Still in shock over Thurman beating Garcia, seems 147 is opening up now Floyd's gone.

Woodley vs Thompson at 209 was a disaster though. An absolute flop of a main event. Not sure what could be done in the aftermath but I'd be docking them dollars and refunding the paying attendance a portion of their ticket price after watching both fighters literally try to counter each other for 23 and a half minutes out of 25. So two counter punchers literally refused to throw first and merely circled the Octagon to repeated boo's.

Feeling it today, avoided alcohol to avoid falling asleep but managed to knock back a 12" Pizza and chips, 6 500ml belly rotters (Energy drinks) a few bottles of Lucozade and a few bits in between.

Likely be a gathering event for Joshua vs Klitschko. Excited for GGG vs Jacobs though.

There was also something else in Bellews comments last night that suggested the actual flare up to the Haye fight was rigged and that if he beat Flores he should instigate it by that ringside confrontation. Mentioning Haye had approached him with a list of potential fights he had coming up but asked Tony if he'd like to be on it.

Then again there's not many daft enough to buy into the build up anymore because its mostly false hype to sell a fight.

Onto the money comments he made after the fight, I don't think he meant it as he's just had an amazing pay day, I think by securing his financial future and not caring about winning or losing he meant that the fight has now given him a new platform he never had and hes no longer having to worry about the future. It'll take another fight with Haye to equal that amount but he'll make a load more fighting known Heavyweights than he will fighting Cruiserweights.

Wilder then? Unlikely. Chisora would be an even bout but again they appear to be best mates so unlikely. That leaves Dillian Whyte maybe? It's all British and could be a PPV undercard shortly down the line.

I'll be surprised of Haye can recover. I liked him more as a floater between Cruiser and Heavy. He looked way more dangerous then. He should consider dropping that weight, regaining that speed. It seems he built himself slowly to match Klitschko or Joshua and not give away 4 stones a bout. Still think he'd be far more dangerous to fight the lesser he weighs, guy always has been. Again though, be great to see him recover and possibly come in smaller but there's surely no rematch in the summer as suggested because he's not coming back that quickly if at all.

Was released from Hospital earlier, may be a good sign.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 05-03-2017 at 13:31.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote