Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 04:36   #245
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

Always great to see Paulie fighting, such a respectful genuine bloke.

Paulie loses but as per, great post match interview, never heard this guy make an excuse ever.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Here we go then, the circus is about to begin. A punt on Bellew would net you a bit. Haye's trying to decapitate him and looking sloppy. Bellew is executing a plan.

Quote:
Bellew has to get through 12 rounds without Haye landing a power shot
It's happening. Ah there's the first, stuns Bellew, he's slowing too, still in the balance but Haye's a one puncher, still not the start I expected. Going quite the opposite at the minute, it's Bellew that's wearing down. Hahahaha, I think he's legs done. Looks like his leg has gone.

Just get him out man, seriously? Are they actually serious? Letting a guy fight with one leg.

This is disgraceful, how is this still going on? That leg isn't just going to magically repair itself. He can barely walk, this is incredible. Bellew can't get him out of there, but this is dangerous.

I've never witnessed anything like it, this is just stupid. His leg gets worse every second he's in there. Even if by some Miracle he finishes this, he's risking never coming back. I'd like to think Bellew is holding it back out of sportsmanship.

It's finally stopped. Just unnecessary that.

No disrespect to Bellew but to now call that an upset is just diabolical. Haye was controlling him until the knee buckled. From then on in it was just an absolute disgrace for him to be allowed to compete. Bellew had great movement though, not sure if he was holding back on Haye after the injury because he really should be finishing that. If Haye's getting injuries, he should call it.

For the laughing part further up I missed the knee buckle and thought Haye had been caught. I'd call him a warrior, but that was nothing short of stupid. They'll sell a rematch of course in which I think an uninjured Haye will take him out. I'd love to give credit to the winner but I'm struggling to call him a winner given it was Haye delivering up until the injury. Scorecards had it Haye 4-1 pre-injury too. People can say this fight delivered but it really didn't. It was an unfortunate turnaround. I struggle to give credit to Bellew but his gameplan was solid, he wasn't winning with it but he avoided massive shots way better than others have. Haye credited Bellew for that himself too, because it was true, Bellew avoided what many people have failed to do.

Thurman vs Garcia next.

---------- Post added 05-03-2017 at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was 04-03-2017 at 22:35 ----------

Just seen a replay of the injury happening, it's horrible, it's clear his tendon just snaps. Doesn't even mention it post fight. It'd have been typical for a Haye win by KO, it'd have been massive for Bellew to win over 12, but this is just underwhelming. the last rounds of that fight should be remembered as a boxing disgrace. Everyone's quick to already jump on the Haye is a warrior bandwagon but I just didn't see the need to go on. That's added months to his recovery that. He's lost via towel anyway and once you see the injury replay and his ankle crumble, there's no shame in chucking that towel in right there.

This will go down as Bellew fluked a win over a one legged fighter, and that Haye is done with, he can't stay injury free. For those unaware, he had surgery on his shoulder to repair that, he also suffered an ankle injury just last week and we've seen how that's turned out. Above all else, maybe David Haye will re-consider his awful boxing footwear, which did him absolutely no justice tonight.

---------- Post added at 00:21 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Bellew doesn't seem money oriented but he is smart, we'll find out how smart soon enough
He's financially secure now according to him and fought solely for the dosh, didn't care if he lost. Pretty stunning thing to say post match.

Injury video: https://twitter.com/Taggsy79/status/...948545/video/1

Just checking around the usual places after fights, the support for Haye is surprisingly overwhelming.. given that Klitschko injury cackfest. Bellew seems to still be getting hate and fans demanding a rematch. A lot of Hate for BBC's article though. Haye is set on the rematch I bet, that's why he failed to mention the injury as the reason he lost, he'll sharp start using it when Bellew signs on for fight two though. Not sure if Bellew would go for it though, said it himself he was struggling when Haye did land and his gameplan was to gas Haye out, except it was him running out of Steam whilst Haye stood on one leg. Injured or not though it's gotta go down as a loss. I can't see Haye wanting to take that, but it's whether his body allows him to even step foot in a ring again.

Just read the BBC article people are complaining about, just facepalm, it's the most lopsided analysis of the fight I've seen. Haye gassed? When did this happen? He snapped something but damn he never slowed down, he had more gas in the tank than Bellew did that's for sure and was still swinging for the fences with one leg. What the hell were they watching? Now they've got a double take. ''Bellew beats injured Haye'' ''Bellew stuns Haye with sensational stoppage''

Luke Reddy is the one writing it and naturally fans are making themselves heard by that often stupid comments section underneath
Quote:
Luke Reddy, you are an embarrassment to your profession.
Updates on the pretty horrid injury: Early signs and I stress early as they could be BS suggest this is odds on a career ending injury, I just wonder if those unnecessary rounds made it that much worse. It's also been confirmed by Haye that he that press release a few days ago that had Haye claiming his camp made up an achilles injury to give Bellew a sense of false confidence was in fact a false flag and that Haye and his camp were very close to calling the right off because the injury did exist and tonight it pretty much exploded.

All round, I'm gutted, There was no knockout, there was no masterclass from Bellew, it was no classic, it was a broken boxer being chased around the ring after round 6. I'm gutted for Haye for obvious reasons and I'm gutted for Bellew because deep down it's not the real victory he wanted from it all either.

---------- Post added at 02:00 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

Haye is straight in for surgery.

Thurman vs Garcia incoming, UFC 209 clashing with it.

---------- Post added at 03:37 ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 ----------

Overeem nearly decapitates Hunt with a brutal knee. Some weird tactics on display by Reem that got some negative reactions but he sharp changes that with a finish.

---------- Post added at 04:36 ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 ----------

Thurman stuns Garcia and hands him his first loss. Split decision was wrong I think, Thurman should have had it unanimously. Sweet justice for Thurman given Garcia's father's racist tendencies. Rematch will end up happening of course. Wonder if we'll get the outcome of Brook/Spence vs Thurman now.

Woodley retains in arguably one of the worst fights ever seen in UFC. Both fighters were boo'd throughout and then boo'd off after an awful showing that saw roughly 80 seconds of physicality over 25 minutes.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 05-03-2017 at 05:57.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote