View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 13:30   #2116
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well I have to take issue witb the comment tbat the government is releasing 'almost nothing' about its plans. Does anyone seriously believe this?

The main things people need to know are that we will be leaving the Common Market (because unless we do so we will have to accept free movement of people and EU legislation) and we will be leaving the Customs Union (because unless we do, we will not be able to strike deals with the rest of the world, which is essential for the strategy to work).

There are lots of other issues too, such as the rights of EU/UK citizens who are living and working abroad, security co-operation, border controls, nuclear safeguards and so on, but these have already been addressed by the Government in the House of Commons.

I really cannot understand what it is that people are desperate to know. The government cannot give absolute fine detail on everything, because this is a negotiation, but everything will be very clear by the end of those negotiations.

To claim that there is next to no information is far from the truth, and I believe, deliberately misleading.
Yup.

I don't recall many of these people seeming equally concerned about wanting to know what the EU they want to remain part of has planned for the future and what guarantees they can give about it all.

Last edited by Osem; 03-07-2017 at 13:40.