View Single Post
Old 18-12-2007, 23:18   #7
vascop
Inactive

Services: Panasonic TX-32LXD700 TV Virgin media V+ & 20gb/s broadband speed/VM modem/router combined
vascop is on a distinguished roadvascop is on a distinguished road
Re: A little help please

I have a similar setup to you I think, but for different reasons. I have a linksys router downstairs connected to a Virgin Media broadband modem. All my computers are upstairs and are connected as follows:

1 computer is connected via a wireless network adaptor to the router. This computer also has a WIRED network adaptor. Let's call it computer A.

Another computer (computer B) with only a WIRED network adaptor is connected by network cable to computer A 's WIRED network adaptor.

On computer A I have a network bridge configured (this is done using Win XP software), so that computer B can communicate with computer A and if needed can also use its wireless adaptor to reach the router and then the internet.

I also have a laptop (computer C) upstairs with a wireless connection/

With this arrangement all 3 computers can communicate with each other and access the internet - A & C connect wirelessly and computer B by wire to A annd then wirelessly to C or the internet.

I hope you can follow this. From your post it seems to me that you could do something similar to achieve what you want.

I you wish I can tell you how to set up the network bridge with XP - it's not difficult.
vascop is offline   Reply With Quote