View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 23:43   #10
stamp92
Inactive

Services: 1.5mb Broadband
stamp92 is on a distinguished roadstamp92 is on a distinguished road
Re: how many hours storage on sky +

the engineer rang at 8am before the install ( as sky advised me )
he said he would arrive to install sky plus between 10am-1pm
i asked him if he would be bringing a v3 40 hr recording time box
i explained that i would rather this than the old 20hr box
he confirmed he would and said the new 40 hr box had been in issue since september.
the engineer arrived 20 mins early saying the previous job was finished sooner than expected.
he changed the single connection lnb to a quadruple connection lnb and ran a new single cable along the same path as the existing cable. he gave me the chose of replacing the single cable with a dual cable but he warned that the dual cable was very thin and more likely to cause problems in future. i chose the two single cables option. he drilled a new hole in wall and connected the two cables from the satellite into the box.
he showed me how to use the box and then left.

ive only had sky plus a day but its hard to imagine life existed before it. i doubt i will ever watch live tv again (i hate adverts). i love being able to record two programs at once while watching another recording. its great to be able to switch the tv on and watch what i choose rather than be restricted to whats on. it really is like having your own tv channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhnewark
As a rule of thumb, it uses 2GB an hour. Tip: Buy one with a small hard drive, ram a new 240GB one in, there's 120 hours viewing pleasure.
thanks for that info
stamp92 is offline   Reply With Quote