View Single Post
Old 23-08-2009, 14:00   #56
lucy7
Inactive

lucy7 has reached the bronze age
lucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze age
Re: Free Criminal Record Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermevans View Post
explaining to employer can help just because there is a conviction and or other information given to employer doesn't mean they have to automatically refuse you the job the CRB is just advice to us it is our decision whether to use that to exclude the person or not

remember though too even spent convictions can appear on the employers other section if the CRB or an officer or other person involved in getting the information believes it is relevant to the application

always a good idea to tell your employer everything that could impact on the job

Baring soul, and the honesty is the best policy is ALWAYS the best way forward.

I was with my ex husband in a shop a very long time ago, the idiot unknown to me took his old shoes off and put some brand new expensive ones on........in other words he nicked them!

He was spotted, we both got pulled into the office, and the police were called. The lady store detective said I had been a look out!?!
Off to the police station we went, my ex would not admit to doing it, said the shoes were his.........what a nutter!
I was 8 months pregnant at the time, and in a cell, even the police man who interviewed me said I was with a wrong un.......did I listen......NO!

Long story, but in the end I got charged as well, went to court, I got a solicitor on the case and found not guilty,ex husband was found guilty.

Right, so thats the story.....................went for a job where I had to declare all, I was so scared to, even though I had not done anything and found not guilty.

I could not bare to tell them why i could not start the job, I was ashamed in a wierd way.
They hounded me as they wanted me, in the end I told them the story, they said thats is so long ago and it was not your fault, please come and work for us................I did!

The moral to me baring soul to all now is ..............what has happened is in the past, even if one has done wrong, is it is the past!
Any employer worth his salt will still want you if you are the best person for the job.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Why do I never read the whole thread before posting????

An old one, oh well once typed and all that!!!

How do the old threads keep coming up?
Who else has trouble sleeping????