View Single Post
Old 23-08-2009, 13:17   #55
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig
Re: Free Criminal Record Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
I'm with Nidge on this one - it needs looking at - convictions of some description, need to be looked at - there is two kinds of people, that get convicted / make the mistake. Those that, make the wrong choice once and learn by it and never do it again and there are those that consistantly offend and make the wrong choice over and over and never learn. I think, with CRB's, there should be some form of interview, at the end of the day, there is always a story behind a conviction, no matter what - desperation, made the wrong choice at the time, etc etc. I know this, thats how I got my conviction. I'm lucky, mine is spent now so i'm lucky that I don't have to declare it but for others, declaring it is again another gut call - I know you have to but sometimes it's better not to say anything, rather than being judged for a past mistake.
explaining to employer can help just because there is a conviction and or other information given to employer doesn't mean they have to automatically refuse you the job the CRB is just advice to us it is our decision whether to use that to exclude the person or not

remember though too even spent convictions can appear on the employers other section if the CRB or an officer or other person involved in getting the information believes it is relevant to the application

always a good idea to tell your employer everything that could impact on the job