View Single Post
Old 23-08-2009, 11:38   #54
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050
Re: Free Criminal Record Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
We all did daft things when we were young me being no exception Why do people have to pay for it all their life's when it comes to gaining employment?? IMHO the rehabilitation of offenders act needs looking at ASAP, also the amounrt of time between CRB's needs sorting out, A few years ago I had a CRB in the March then in the April I needed clearence to go onto another site, I had to have another CRB which cost me £35, just because I was over the 30 day mark by 3 days.
I'm with Nidge on this one - it needs looking at - convictions of some description, need to be looked at - there is two kinds of people, that get convicted / make the mistake. Those that, make the wrong choice once and learn by it and never do it again and there are those that consistantly offend and make the wrong choice over and over and never learn. I think, with CRB's, there should be some form of interview, at the end of the day, there is always a story behind a conviction, no matter what - desperation, made the wrong choice at the time, etc etc. I know this, thats how I got my conviction. I'm lucky, mine is spent now so i'm lucky that I don't have to declare it but for others, declaring it is again another gut call - I know you have to but sometimes it's better not to say anything, rather than being judged for a past mistake.