View Single Post
Old 16-06-2008, 00:55   #9012
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
cut...

The weight of numbers may be the only recourse if the legal arguments are circumvented and it's beginning to look that way.
Maybe I am being over optimistic but common sense tells me that this disgrace will be stopped in the courts one day if all other attempts hit brick walls. The argument is too persuasive to ignore. Hopefully a lot more publicity will shame BT into submission before even that occurs.

Step back and put it into perspective some of what has gone on.

BT who are a household name that you expect to be able to trust, joins up with an outfit that has written rootkits and spyware. I could stop there. Unbelievable!

BT allow this organisation to have total access to all the HTTP data of a large portion its subscribers web data without their permission.
BT then allow this organisation to injects JavaScript into its customers browsing web data. Unbelievable!

BT then denies that this link up occurred.
BT then admits it occurred when questioned under pressure. Unbelievable!

I could go on mention all the other 'juicy' titbits but I am feeling too sick already.

I honestly could not have dreamt this behaviour would ever have occurred when I was working for BT 15 years ago. In those days 'customer was king' and BT as an organisation had a great deal of self respect!

I am so glad I am no longer working there. It must be very difficult for those who may know something, who have a conscience, but are too scared to say anything. If I was in a position of knowledge working there now, I would like to think my integrity would overcome any reluctance to whistle blow on the disgraceful behaviour I believe that has gone on of late. At least my conscience would be clear and that would be important to me.