Thread: night shifts
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2005, 22:12   #3
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: night shifts

Personally if it's a one off nite shift I would just try to crash out for a couple of hours Wednesday afternoon as you will only confuse your body clock if you tamper with your sleeping pattern. If you keep yourself occupied it will be a lot easier to get through as I found that I only really felt tired if I stopped and sat down for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
I will tell you in a few weeks

I shall be on permanant nights in three weeks time - 10pm to 8am, 4 nights a week.
Permanent nights is a piece of P It will take a couple of weeks to settle into a sleep pattern but once you are there you will find that you sleep like a log during the day. I did 13 weeks on permanent nights to cover a machine that had to run no matter what. Normally on a rotating shift pattern I would get 4 hours sleep on nights but after 2 weeks of permanent nights I was sleeping 7-8 hours Best thing to do is dependant on the person doing the shifts and how they want to approach the "when do I sleep?" question but the only advice I can give is to settle on a pattern and stick to it. Your body will adjust and you will find it easier and easier to sleep and you will find you stop feeling tired after 4-6 hours at work.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote