View Single Post
Old 16-10-2017, 15:08   #24
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: What broadband will I be able to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
That simply can't be true though. They offer a hub that can run WiFi, they offer a TV box that runs WiFi and even some customers don't have the technology to run wired speed tests and can reach full speeds of 200/300/350Mb. As the supplier they can't then just simply do nothing. I understand the limitations of WiFi but some people can't do a hard wired test. It's got to be said, I did mention oversubscription which would be VMs fault..
Oversubscription on Virgin's own lines is Virgin's fault, but Oversubscription of the free-for-all public wireless spectrum is nobody's fault (or everyone's fault, take your pick).

To use an analogy, if you buy a car that claims it can go 200Mph+ but can't get over 30MPh on a clear open road, then it's a fault with the car. However if you're stuck in traffic then it's public congestion and you have no right to complain to BMW, even though they sold you a car capable of going much faster.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote